With fears of the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) increasing exponentially this past week, we want to address those concerns as they relate to our upcoming comics fandom event, PDXPopupCon.
PDXPopupCon was initiated in response to the postponement of this weekend’s planned Seattle comic convention, Emerald City Comic-Con. ECCC was rescheduled due to concern over COVID-19. Therefore, we are taking the following steps to ensure that our creators and fans will have a safe and fun experience.
First, all locations will have bathrooms available for exhibitors to use as hand-washing stations. Hand-sanitizer will also be available for attendees and exhibitors, and commonly-touched areas will be regularly cleaned with sanitizing wipes. These steps combined are shown to reduce risk of infection or contagion.
Signage will be posted at the event proclaiming PDXPopupCon a ‘Handshake-Free Zone’, and providing alternate ways to greet exhibitors.
We also encourage people to follow the published CDC guidelines for avoiding COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home if you have a cough, fever, or feel ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Only use face masks if you have a cough or fever, or if you’re a health worker or taking care of someone who is sick.
For those who are at high risk or otherwise cannot attend, we will provide links to the web-stores of all participants, so that you can help us support our local artists.
Please contact us if you have further questions or concerns.